lemo at smtp.belspo.be
Sat Sep 9 17:56:48 EST 1995
My name is Frederic Lemoine.=20
I am working at the Belgian Ministry of the Technical, Scientific and
There I am responsible of the informatics project of the Belgian
Coordinated Collections of Microorganisms (BCCM).
For this project, a centralised database, which will contain a lot of
informations on different types of microorganisms (plasmid, bacteria, yeast,
fungi), has to be developed. A WWW access to this database will be created.
Before to realize the project, I have to choose the database management=
To avoid a wrong decision, I try to obtain the maximum of informations I can
on the use of database management system in the biologist environment.
The kind of informations, I am looking for, are:
* Database structure: which software and platform ?
* Why these choices ?
* Which memory size has the database ?
* What kind of interface to give access through internet ?
* How much time (man months) to set up a database ?
* How much time (man months) to write the WWW interface ?
I will be very happy if you can help me.
In advance, thank you for your cooperation.
Federal Office for the Scientific, Technical
and Cultural Affairs
More information about the Bio-soft