Two site Scatchard Plots

Michael D. Baron michael.baron at bbsrc.ac.uk
Mon Sep 11 11:46:51 EST 1995

>In article <gayler-0509951254300001 at 198.178.220.249>, gayler at immunex.com
>(Richard Gayle) says:
>>
>>I routinely use the curve fitting routines from Deltagraph Pro.
>Recently,
>>I have needed to plot Scatchard graphs for receptors and their ligands
>>that require 2 site fits. What are the model and parameters to use to
>get
>>a proper fit? TIA,
>>R.B. Gayle
>
>The model in the Ligand program developed originally by Munson and
>Rodbard was (if I remember correctly):
>
>B=K1*F + K2*F + N*F

Which shows what a c**p memory I'v got.
Sorry, the correct equation should be, surely,

B=K1*R1*F/(1+K1*F) + K2*R2*F/(1+K2*F) + N*F

Where R1 and R2 are the 'concentrations' of receptor types 1 and 2,
K1 and K2 are the equilibrium binding constants for the 2 receptor
sites, N is a constant for non-specific absorption, and Bound and Free
ligand are self-explanatory. Note that the model assumes that
non-specific binding is a function of Free ligand, and this is not the
same as the binding of labelled ligand at high concentrations of
unlabelled ligand.

Apologies again,

Michael D. Baron