WANTED: Software for Stock Inventory Mgmt

Michael Myers myersm at rockvax.rockefeller.edu
Mon Sep 11 08:05:35 EST 1995

In article <NEWTNews.810598936.31226.pts at pts.technet.sg>, pts at technet.sg wrote:

>Hi There,
>
>We are looking for a software that can manage our stock inventory. That is, it
>must be able to do the following:
>
>        1. Handle Purchase
>        2. Calculate Stock Level/Re-order
>        3. Manage Supplies/Keep a record of suppliers
>        4. Assign codes for each stock ie. systematic stock control

I'm sure there are some very *specific* packages to handle your needs, but
you could also do it quite well with the database program called Panorama
(ProVUE). It runs on the Macintosh, is blisteringly fast because the
entire db is put in RAM, and has "near relational" capabilities due to
lookup functions that access other files. It has a very powerful macro
library for automating tasks. Most professionals seem to use it for
purchasing and inventory type things. You can add in support for things
like bar code readers.

--
Michael Myers
The Laboratory of Genetics