Help with MEDLINE !!!

Dr. Paolo Tomasi - Univ. Sassari tomasi at SSMAIN.uniss.it
Sat Sep 9 14:20:04 EST 1995

On 8 Sep 1995, Sergey V. Orlov wrote:

>   Hi, readers,
>   does anyone know, does e-mail access to MEDLINE exist ?
>   I'm sorry, but I don't have direct access to INTERNET and,
>   therefore, I can not use WWW service for access to on-line
>   MEDLINE servers.
>
>   Thanks, Serge Orlov.
>   E-mail: Serge at serge.stud.pu.ru

The quickest way I have found is: telnet to PCH.BIH.HARVARD.EDU, just
hitEnter when it asks for your access code, and you're shown a menu from
which you can subscribe online, as long as you've got a credit card. the
only drawback is that the search engine is very primitive, and it's
charged on a time basis, so if you have a slow connection....

Paolo

Paolo Tomasi MD PhD - Viale Dante 19 - 07100 Sassari - Sardinia - Italy
E-Mail: TOMASI at SSMAIN.UNISS.IT, UY8SSQ21 at CINE88.CINECA.IT
Tel.: +39-79-271692   +39-360-825584  (079-271692 e 0360-825584 dall'Italia)