gif to postscript

Daniel Kim dkim at nmsu.edu
Thu Sep 7 22:46:55 EST 1995

In article <42jtg1$hkk at arcturus.ciril.fr> mulliert at ciril.fr (G. Mulliert, Labo LEGG NANCY,,) writes:
>Hi,
>	I am interested in converting a gif file to postscript or hpgl. My color
>printer only understands these two language.
>
>					Thanking you in advance
>					Have fun
>
>					Guillermo Mulliert
>					gmc at legg.u-nancy.fr
>					mulliert at ciril.fr

Hello:

I have successfully converted .GIF files to .PS (that is, ASCII
postscript files) using GeoWorks Ensemble 2.0.

For more information on this software package, try the group comp.os.geos.

GEOS is a preemptively multitasking, multithreaded, object-oriented
operating system for IBM PC compatible computers that works in as little
as a '286 with 1 - 2 Mb RAM.  The entire system and applications suite
fits in about 12 Mb of disk space, owing to the object oriented
architecture.  It supports long (32 character) filenames.

GEOS will not support 256-color VGA (It does 16-color), but a new 256
color driver will be available free at the end of this month.

It gives much of the heavily-touted "advanced" features of Windows 95,
but without all the overhead.

Daniel Kim