2-Site Scatchard Redux

Darren D. Browning dbrownin at scripps.edu
Fri Sep 15 02:22:04 EST 1995

Re- the binding discussions.......

   I don't know if this will help, but I do binding every now and then and
analyse the data by both binding curve and scatchard with Sigma Plot.  The
background binding is fit with the standard polynomial fit, and the binding
with a double rectangular hyperbola (the equation stated in another reply
earlier).  To get the smooth curve through your data, at least for the
binding I do a transform using around 100 points based on the best fit
equation, these are plotted as a line only, together with your real data
represented at markers only.  The same can be done with the scatchard using
data generated from the fitted binding curve.

--
Darren Browning                    __________
Rm.116 Department of Immunology   [  ______  ]
email: dbrownin at scripps.edu