XNU and DNA-microsatellites

Andy Law Big Nose Andy.Law at bbsrc.ac.uk
Mon Sep 18 04:52:51 EST 1995

In article <t.keen-1609952155420001 at mol9.ioo.bpmf.ac.uk>, t.keen at ucl.ac.uk
(Jeffrey Keen) wrote:

  > Does anyone know whether it would be possible to use J-M Claveries XNU
  > program to filter microsatellite regions out of DNA sequences, prior to
  > database searches.
  >
  > It presently is only suitable for masking low complexity segments out of
  > protein sequences.
  >
  > Failing that - are there other programs I could use?
  >
  > Jeffrey Keen
  > j.keen at ucl.ac.uk

I have never had any success at filtering these segments correctly. In
addition, the filters don't apply to DNA-DNA searches, so I just wrote a
sequence editor that, when the microsatellite sequence was identified,
output the two sequence ends and I search each individually.
--
Andy Law

( Andy.Law @ bbsrc.ac.uk )
( Big Nose in Edinburgh )