Looking for educational software

Keith Robison robison at mito.harvard.edu
Mon Sep 18 08:43:50 EST 1995

Michael Canute (canute at damien.hais.mhpcc.edu) wrote:
: I am wondering if anyone knows of any Mac Programs that I can use as a
: tutorial for my Biology AP students.  I have a computer in my classroom
: and I would like to be able to set up tutorial assignments for them
: besides all the lab, lecture, reading and review questions homework.

: I would like to be able to have information that covers college freshman
: material.

1) There is a biological education software FAQ out on the net, and...

2) There are a number of resources you should consider which are
   available over the WWW.  Of course, this is going to require that
   the student's computers be networked, but even if your computer
   classroom isn't (horrors! :-), access somewhere else can probably
   be arranged.  For example, there is a pretty sophisticated
   Mendelian genetics experiment simulator out there.

You can get to both of these via
	The WWW Virtual Library: Instructional Resources in Biology
	http://golgi.harvard.edu/biopages/edures.html

Good luck!

Keith Robison
Harvard University