Looking for software for degenerate primer design.

Keith Robison robison at mito.harvard.edu
Tue Sep 19 16:33:48 EST 1995

Luca Jovine (lj1 at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk) wrote:
: Hello! I would like to know if there's any software (possibly shareware!)
: that could help me in designing degenerate primers to PCR the homologue(s)
: of a protein of which I have the sequence. The codon usage tables for the
: organisms I'm interested in are available, so I could of course just do it
: by hand, but this protein is very big and I wouldn't mind saving some
: time...
: Thank you in advance for the help!

There's some sort of a program for this purpose out on the WWW -- I
think a standalone version may be available too.  (I don't use it,
and so can't vouch).

Try bouncing off:

	http://golgi.harvard.edu/htbin/biopages?primer

for a number of PCR primer-picking pages.

Good luck!

Keith Robison
Harvard University
Department of Genetics / HHMI