Request: Suggestions for restriction site analysis prog (pc)

mm you at somehost.somedomain
Wed Sep 20 09:59:32 EST 1995

Currently I'm developing a pc/windows based restriction site analysis program.
Besides normal search routines and routines enabling searching with different
subsets of restriction enzymes (N-Cutters, blunt, '5 overhanging). Search
results can be retrieved in table or linear format and as linear/circular
maps.

The program also include features as finding mismatch primers for mutational
screening, designing mutagenic primers for single/multiple codon subtitutions
with respect to site generation/deletion, sites comparison of two sequences,
-simple- consensus searching on sequence data and searching for a sequence in
another sequence.

Another feature will be to search for conditions that allow in frame ligation
(e.g silent mutagenesis/compatible cohesive ends/filled '5 overhang).

I would like to extend these features, especially with respect to cloning
techniques.

I would appreciate it a lot if you could send me suggestions for additional
features. If they are good and used in my program you will receive a free
registered copy of it as soon as it is released.
(also: if you happen to have some experience in winsock programming e.g
automated access and FTP (GenBank etc.) and are willing to share this please
contact me.

Thanks in advance,