Advice on purchasing molecular biology software for Silicon Graphics Computer

rew bina at unixg.ubc.ca
Wed Sep 20 20:13:15 EST 1995

Hi All:

My lab just purchased a Silicon Graphics computer and I have been put in charge with finding a
good molecular biology software package to run on it.  The only problem is that I don't anything
about this type of computer and even less about software available for use on it.

My lab has been using PC Gene for DOS for all our molecular biology analysis and I would like
something that is similar in function, but much more convient to use.  The software will be
primarily used for DNA manipulation and DNA/protein sequence analysis.

Any suggestions or experiences with software packages ect. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

REW