DNA seq. analysis via the net

NAME gmckenzie at ivory.trentu.ca
Tue Sep 26 12:40:07 EST 1995

I am a 4th yr undergrad at a small Canadian Univ who has a background in Mol. Bio. & Genetics. I am taking a Comp. Sci course whose premise is to utilize the"net" to solve an academic problem. With my background I thought of taking a nucleic acid seq and doing: homology, seq. alignment, phyology and make some inferences in regards to the proteins secondary and tertiary structures with would enable me to infer about function. The faculty at my location are as "green" as I on this topic. Any information in r
regards to mapping out a logical strategy would be greatly appreciated.
I have use of workstations and Unix accts. I can be reached at GMcKenzie at Trentu.ca
Thanx  G. McKenzie