Simulation software - kinetics

Lorin Milescu LORIN at cbb.bth.ro
Fri Sep 29 05:34:17 EST 1995

   Hi !

   I'm happy to announce you about a new simulation software:

           KINETIC  3.1

   Is a very nice WINDOWS application for simulation and analysis of
stoichiometric systems.
   A stoichiometric system is something that could be written like
that:
               A + B = C + D
etc.
   Examples are: simple reactions systems (chemical and biochemical),
metabolic networks, biological systems as populations (see
Lotka-Volterra), etc. Whatever could be described by a set of
stoichiometric equations.

    It's still a beta release. I need your oppinion to produce the
final release and improve it.

     You could find the software at the FTP site:

      cbb.bth.ro

in the directory:

       pub\buf\kin

     There are two files:

            kin.exe      -> a self-extracting archive, cca 0.5 MBytes, and
            read.me   - > a (very) short description of the program.

      If you are too busy to make the transfer, I can try to do it for you.
Just give me your FTP address, where I can WRITE, when logging
as anonymous. Or give me a password.

     Along with the program are several sample files. The help is not
finished yet. I hope in a short time will be available. Also the
possibility to add empirical rate equations.

     The satisfaction is guaranteed with Kinetics...

    The read.me file is here:

--------------- read.me -----------------------------------

			KINETIC
			  3.0

Software for simulation and analysis of stoichiometric systems.

Can simulate chemical, biochemical and biological kinetics.

   Just enter in the Reactions window the system, as like that:

    A + B = C + D
    2A + M = 3A

etc. Then enter the initial concentrations, the rate constants and
run.

WINDOWS application !!!. Very funny. No help (yet).

A new release with empirical equations will be available soon.

Kin.exe is a self extracting archive. Kinetic.exe is the program.

Is the best simulation software for educational purposes and not
only.

Nice 2D and 3D graphics. Phase portraits.

Several integration methods, very good. Suitable for stiff systems.

Steady-state (not good implementation).

Stability of steady-state analysis. Quite good.

Influence analysis of one parameter over the system.

Obtaining rate constants from experimental data.

Data and graphics exchange with other WINDOWS applications.

Exports metafile and bitmap graphics.

Drag-and-drop with the right mouse.

The help is available soon.

Keep in touch for the new release.

BUGS: it requires >= 65K colors display. May have problems with
   surface graphics.

For any comments contact me. My email is below. For any cooperation
too.
Thanks.

Copyright (C) 1995-1995 by Lorin Milescu

BIOTEHNOS, Computer Science Laboratory
PO Box 60-45, Bucharest, ROMANIA
FAX: 40-1-210.97.05
E-mail: lorin at cbb.bth.ro

This program is part of a free software package; you can redistribute
the
Free Software Foundation; and any later version. This program is
provided
in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; WITHOUT
EVEN
THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE.
See the GNU General Public License for more details.
(file COPYING) along with the program package; if not, write to the
Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139,
USA.

    Thanks.

    Waiting your comments,
    Yours sincerely,