software for sequential downloading of software after line breaks?

Steven Brenner brenner at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Tue Apr 2 14:37:02 EST 1996

humberto at momo.uthscsa.edu (Humberto Ortiz Zuazaga) writes:
>    CK> I don't think that it is possible with the current ftp
>    CK> server/client software to just fetch parts of files.

>NcFtp, a UNIX ftp client optimized for annonymous ftp will skip over
>the start of files which have been partially transferred.  It also has
>a command line mode which makes it great for scheduling automated
>transfers at night.

Virtually any unix ftp client can do partial-downloads.  The command
is 'reget' which is used just like 'get'.

As noted in previous messages, truely difficult transfers are best
done at unusual hour.

Steve
Steven E. Brenner                    | S.E.Brenner at bioc.cam.ac.uk
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology  |
Hills Road                           | Office:   +44 1223 248011
Cambridge CB2 2QH, UK                | Fax:      +44 1223 213556