CloneWorks apology

Dr.Greg Quinn jquinn at nntp.best.com
Sun Apr 14 02:37:54 EST 1996

Richard Brady (rbrady at ix.netcom.com) wrote:

: I noticed today a series of messages regarding a disguise posting to
: bionet.software.  We have looked into the matter and do apologize for a
: fictitious posting from one of our own, an individual acting on his own
: initiative.  This was not company policy and we have addressed the
: matter promptly so that it does not happen again.
 <some excellent stuff deleted>

Richard,

This individual who was 'acting on his own' apparently has access to your
Netcom Email account, since this 'hype thread' appears to have been
started by a letter from you!!? (see below from the bionet news archives).
Also, I would comment that this was not just one posting but several,
including posts in bionet.software and  bionet.microbiology (in the guise
of a reply to a genuine post).