Data Analysis Position Available

Anthony Berno aberno at
Fri Apr 19 17:24:50 EST 1996

My company, Affymetrix, Inc., located in Santa Clara, CA, is looking for a
data analysis software engineer to assist with a BRCA gene sequencing
project being conducted in collaboration with a group at the NIH. This is
a one-year position which will include time spent at both Affymetrix and

The project requires the interpretation of sequencing by hybridization
data generated by the Affymetrix GeneChip (TM) genetic analysis system,
and the development of visualization tools and algorithms for automated
analysis. This will involve skills in software engineering, statistical
analysis, and pattern recognition, as well as a basic knowledge of
molecular biology. Experience in C++ programming and Windows NT is
desirable. We are looking for highly motivated candidates who can work
independently, find creative and innovative solutions to problems, and
acquire new knowledge and skills as needed.

If you are interested, please contact me at aberno at for more