Program for testing incongruences

Tosak Seelanan tosak at iastate.edu
Wed Apr 24 10:35:32 EST 1996

Dear,

I have data sets from the same set of taxa, and these data sets gave
different phylogeneies.  I would like to get a phylogeny based on
combined data set, but I have to prove whether incongruence between data
sets is not significant.  I do know that Dr. James S. Farris et al.
(Cladistic 10:315-319, 1995) described the use of U statistic to test
statistically whether incongruence is significant and they used program
called "arn" to do so.  I would appreciate any suggestion to get this
program (or similar ones) or e-mail address of Dr. James S. Farris (or
other authors listed in the paper) so that I can contact him directly.

Thank you very much.