Reconstruction

Sergio Rosso serrosso at usp.br
Tue Aug 6 15:33:26 EST 1996

Hier Ihr Name wrote:

> Hi,
> My name is Cyrus Papan. I'm working at the Institute of Developmental
> Biology in Cologne/Germany. I don't know if this is the right place
> for this. Anyway, does somebody know about software for 3D
> reconstuction of anatomical structures from serial 2D sections?
> Win95/3,x, DOS  or Apple Platform is preferred, Linux is also
> possible.
> Many thanks in advance
> Cyrus Papan.
> email: cyrus.papan at uni-koeln.de

Your challenge is shared by my group in LabMar - Sao Paulo University -
and also many other researchers.
A solution is lasting too much to come!
Is it possible to deal with the problem using some program like
3D-Studio? How to solve, then, the limitation to same number of vertices
in all 2D Shapes?
--
Sergio Rosso, Ph.D.