QuickPDB - A Lightweight Java Applet for Sequence/Structure Search

Philip Bourne bourne at SDSC.EDU
Sat Aug 10 10:55:52 EST 1996

         QuickPDB - A Sequence/Structure Search and Display Java Applet
                   http://xtal1.sdsc.edu/misha/QuickPDB.html
                       Ilya Shindyalov and Phil Bourne

 We are pleased to announce the availability of the Java applet QuickPDB.
 QuickPDB is a lightweight applet with two major functions:

  (i)  Find a structure in the PDB based upon a text or sequence search.
  (ii) Render that structure with ability to mark up fragments in sequence
       and see them accordingly in structure view.

 QuickPDB accesses the most current (nightly updated) version of the PDB
 database located on San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC) servers and
 uses the new index-based database structure for fast search and retrieval
 which was developed at SDSC (see Bourne P.E., Shindyalov I.N. "LOCAL
 MACROMOLECULAR STRUCTURE DATABASE FOR CRYSTALLOGRAPHIC LABORATORIES",
 XVII Congress and General Assembly of the International Union of
 Crystallography,
 http://www.bmsc.washington.edu/cgi-bin/mfs/01/abstracts/abstracts/E0478.html).

 QuickPDB is the first of a series of applets for the analysis of
 macromolecules which we hope to release. The applets will rely on
 the generic class structure developed by the authors which implements
 API's to a variety of biological databases.

 Comments are welcome. Send comments to bourne at sdsc.edu.

 This work is supported by National Science Foundation through grants
 BIR-9507625 and ASC 8902825.