Snippets of C code [was Re: Sequence Aligment]

Jared Roach roach at u.washington.edu
Mon Aug 12 21:57:32 EST 1996

	This makes three requests for C code for some simple molecular
biology applications to this newsgroup recently.  It would be my
hope that better programmers than I respond to these threads.
The only reason to date that I have dared post my horrible code
was to provide some, rather than no, response from the community.
Anyway, to stop wasting bandwidth by posting code, I stuck it on
my website at

http://weber.u.washington.edu/~roach/Programs/

	I hope this helps.  For what it's worth, there are a couple of
dynamic alignment algorithms there.  They're both local alignments,
but if you need global alignments all you have to do is take the
zero out of the comparison and make sure that the zeroth row and
column are initialized with the right gap penalties.

Jared C. Roach
Department of Molecular Biotechnology
Health Sciences Building, Room K354
University of Washington