Homology program

Francois Jeanmougin pingouin at crystal.u-strasbg.fr
Tue Aug 20 07:07:37 EST 1996

In article <4vc8vh$93s at news.destek.net>,
	mpoulin at s-and-s.com writes:
>Can anyone direct me to a simple shareware program that will show homology
>between two nucleotide sequences?
>
>Thanks
>
>Matthew L. Poulin. Ph.D.
	Aie, aie, aie,

	There is no simple program taht will show "homology" between two
sequences. If you look for homology, you need a complete phylogenetic
analysis and then give evidence of a common ancestor.
	I think that you look for percent identity, and perhaps similarity
(which depends of the matrix you use, and is used only for proteins;-).
Then you can try one of the programm you can find in the biocatalog :

http://www.ebi.ac.uk/biocat/biocat.html

						Sorry,
							Francois
--
Francois Jeanmougin
Service de bioinformatique / bioinformatics service
e-mail : jeanmougin at igbmc.u-strasbg.fr

Tagada Bouzou Bouzou Arheu Arheu (chant traditionel)