GDE on DEC Alpha

Martin Hilbers mph at dl.ac.uk
Wed Dec 4 11:34:42 EST 1996

Benny Shomer wrote:

> Andrew Gentles (pdzajg at evol.gene.nott.ac.uk) wrote:
> : Has anybody succeeded in mutilating the source code of GDE enough to get
> : it to compile and run on a DEC alpha under Digital Unix (i.e. OSF/1) ?
>
> Andrew,
>
> Regretfully, you can't do it. GDE relies on the xview libraries which are
> SUNOS specific and are not available for other platforms (as far as I
> know).

Well, thats not really true - GDE runs also on SGIs, linux and
DECstations, but you need indeed a port of the xview libs.
(Sorry - I have no idea if they have been ported to DEC/OSF1)

Cheers,

Martin

| Martin Hilbers        |    E-mail: m.p.hilbers at dl.ac.uk       |
| SEQNET                |    Tel:    +44-1925-603492            |
| Daresbury Laboratory  |    Fax:    +44-1925-603100            |
| Cheshire WA4 4AD      | SEQNET is the UK national EMBNet node |
| United Kingdom        | http://www.dl.ac.uk/SEQNET/home.html  |