BinHex for PC

Andy Law Andy.Law at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu Dec 12 05:11:27 EST 1996

In article <58h0hi$erj at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, John Beeching <bssjrb at bath.ac.uk>
wrote:

 >  I collaborate with a colleague in South America who uses a Mac.
 >  This causes a problem when we are writing something which requires
 >  formatting (italics, etc), as she sends me her Word for Mac files
 >  BinHexed.  While I can convert Word for Mac files into Word for
 >  Windows ones, I am unable to de-BinHex them.  Where can I get a
 >  program that will BinHex and de-BinHex files on a PC?

Whilst there is a binhex/debinhex program for PCs, it may be simpler to get
your colleague to uuencode the files. There are many freeware uuencode
programs for Mac (UUCD, UULite etc.) that will do the job and all can be
found on the Info-Mac or umich software archives. Alternatively, she could
save the files as RTF which would need no encoding before mailing as they
are straightforward text files.

Later,

Andy Law