indexing Genbank 97 from gcg format

M.P. Hilbers mph at
Thu Dec 12 05:17:34 EST 1996

John Calley <jnc at> writes:
> Ideally I'd like to have a program take both
>secondary structure and primary structure into consideration in doing an
>alignment but I'd settle for just secondary structure. Does anyone
>have any suggesions?

xalign (from allows you to
use secondary structure information for all sequences, and will use
bith primary and secondary structure information for the alignment.
It also allows you to "anchor" sequences at positions were you are
certain that they should be aligned.

| Martin Hilbers        |    E-mail: m.p.hilbers at       |
| SEQNET                |    Tel:    +44-1925-603492            |
| Daresbury Laboratory  |    Fax:    +44-1925-603100            |
| Cheshire WA4 4AD      | SEQNET is the UK national EMBNet node |
| United Kingdom        |  |