[Q]:?how to run MAC SW on PC (Windows95)

Tim Cutts timc at chiark.chu.cam.ac.uk
Thu Feb 1 05:01:39 EST 1996

In article <4eprqm$kes at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, Ivo Wiesner  <nfix at jcu.cz> wrote:

>Hello Netters out there!
>
>Could anybody inform me:
>
>1. if there is any emulator for PC (Windows) platform
>which enables running MAC software?

Yes, there is.  It's called executor, and you can get a time-limited
demo on the net.  See the newsgroup comp.emulators.mac.executor.

The program is available in 3 versions; for DOS, Linux and NeXTSTEP.

The DOS version will run under all of DOS, Windows 95 and OS/2, but it
will not run under Windows NT.  It provides reasonably complete System
6 emulation, and some spoofing to allow *some* system 7 programs to
work.  It does not yet support INITs or many desk accessories.
However, I have happily run Word 5.1 on it, and also FoxBASE.  It
supports accessing Macintosh formatted hard disks, floppies and
CD-ROMs too.

It is reasonably quick; my 486-DX33 emulates a Macintosh considerably
faster than a Mac Classic (which is all I could compare it to),

>2.how difficult work represents to rewrite Mac software for Windows PC?

I don't know.  Probably very hard.

Regards,

Tim.

PS... I have no connection with ARDI, the manufacturers of Executor.
I am just a happy registered user.