[Q]:?how to run MAC SW on PC (Windows95)

steven joseph chmura sjchmura at woodlawn.uchicago.edu
Sun Feb 4 15:26:45 EST 1996

In article <a337ard-0202961404310001 at ka2-05.amc.uva.nl>,
ard jonker <a337ard at horus.sara.nl> wrote:
>In article <31114385.41C6 at rhapsody.stanford.edu>, Lionel Gilet
><gilet at rhapsody.stanford.edu> wrote:
>
>> In article <4eprqm$kes at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, Ivo Wiesner  <nfix at jcu.cz> wrote:
>> >Could anybody inform me:
>> >1. if there is any emulator for PC (Windows) platform
>> >which enables running MAC software?
>> >2.how difficult work represents to rewrite Mac software for Windows PC?
>> I have no idea concerning the first point.
>You can run Executor, demo ftp-able from ARDI. Basically, it resembles the
>speed of a Mac II under system 6 when used on a 66MHz 486. So you turn
>your PC into a '86 Mac. Don't ask me on how to set it up, I have no PC
>experience other than have tested Executor once ;-) It might do some jobs.
>Have a look from the other side (ie. the other way around, softwindows on
>a PPC runs a bit faster yet giving access to both platforms
>simultaneously)

Well, this is just plain wrong.  The registered version is far faster.  And
with a P5-133 costing $350 (yes, you can buy a motherboard and P5-133 for
$500) the "exectutor" runs 680x0 apps as fast as a $1000 PowerMac.

Apple is in deep deep trouble - face it.  The Amiga of the '90s.
Softwindows is horrible and requires 16megs of RAM.

--
TEAM APACHE: To hell with jets