Software for keeping track on lab strain collections?

Finn K. Vogensen klas at kvl.dk
Thu Feb 8 11:22:15 EST 1996

We are at the moment considering to build a multiuser computer based strain
registration system, since our old fasioned "strain log book" no longer works
due to the number of strains we have, and the number of persons using it.

Before doing so, we would like to know if you are avare of such systems, how
user friendly they are, if they are commercially available and at what price.

We are interested in a flexible, multiuser system, with extended copying
facilities, automatic lognumber designation, automatic location designation,
etc.

If you know of such systems I will be happy to know.

Finn Vogensen at fkv at biobase.dk