MW Calculation for the PC

Mark Lamkin mlamkin at acs.bu.edu
Thu Feb 15 10:05:02 EST 1996

In article <ylek.46.000D22C1 at utmdacc.uth.tmc.edu>,
   ylek at utmdacc.uth.tmc.edu (David Voehringer) wrote:
>Does anyone know of a shareware program for the PC (win95) that will
calculate MW from amino acid sequence.
>David W. Voehringer
>Department of Experimental Radiotherapy
>Univ. of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
>1515 Holcombe Bvld.
>Houston, Tx. 77030
>(713) 792-3797

I would think there are many programs out there. I like AnTheProt
(Analyze the Protein) which is available via anonymous ftp. It
contains several modules which allow you to do primary structure
analyses (compositions, MW, stability, similarities, Prosite,
etc) secondary structure analyses, and more.

You can get it at ftp://ibcp.fr/pub/ANTHEPROT/ and comes in several
flavors: DOS, Windows, and Unix. It is a slow site so if you download
it, be patient.

Dr. Mark Lamkin
Boston Unversity School of Graduate Dentistry

"Saliva: A little bit goes a long way!"