Molbio and Linux - MOPAC 6?

Bernard Murray bernard at elsie.nci.nih.gov
Tue Feb 27 23:37:41 EST 1996

Greetings,

	I've seen some previous posts to this newsgroup concerning
compiling and running unix molecular biology software on a PC under
Linux.  I'm currently running ClustalW 1.5, Babel 1.06 and ProFit 1.6
very nicely on my home PC and was wondering if anyone had tried
compiling MOPAC 6 for Linux.  I ran a preliminary f2c on the (Fortran)
source and this generated a few error messages and I have also yet
to create a suitable gcc makefile.  Has anyone else tried this?
I am also considering loading g77 for future Fortran activities
but this looks quite alot of effort as it involves rebuilding gcc.
Has anyone tried g77 on any big projects that would justify such an
input of time (I guess I need a new carrot on my stick)?
	Any anecdotes gratefully received,
		Bernard

Bernard Murray, Ph.D.