PDB-fileformat?

Paul Sanschagrin sanschag at cps.msu.edu
Wed Feb 28 19:31:51 EST 1996

Arne Mueller (amuelle3 at gwdu19.gwdg.de) wrote:
: Hello,

: I'm looking for a description of the PDB-fileformat. I need
: souch a detailed description of all possible entries (keywords etc...)
: to write a programm that reads pdb-files. If you know where to get a manual,
: perhaps in postscript please send me a mail.

: thank you,

:         Arne

I do not have any idea what you are trying to write, but there is a location
on the web that has a very well constrcuted c++ class for dealing with PDB
files. (I found this out after I wrote my own, but much simpler.) I don't have
the address here at home with me, but can email it to you from work. As for the
PDB format, the "official" format document is located on the PDB web site
(http://www.pdb.bnl.gov/) under "Revised PDB documentation" (or something along
those lines). They have ascii, postscript, and html version. If you only have
newsgroup access (ie no web), I'll be happy to email you the ascii version.

					Paul Sanschagrin
					sanschag at sol.bch.msu.edu
					http://www.msu.edu/user/sanschag/