WWW seq alignment site with "jumbling" test of significance?

Neil Clarke Neil.Clarke at qmail.bs.jhu.edu
Thu Jan 4 14:49:08 EST 1996

Anyone know of a WWW site that does an alignment between two protein
sequences with the option of rerunning the alignement using a randomized
("jumbled") sequence? as a test of significance? Having just given a
lecture on sequence analysis during which I extolled the virtues of the
Web, I was surprised to find that I couldn't find a good old-fashioned
Needleman-Wunsch type program out there.  Lots of local homology search
algorithms and dynamic programming algorithms for database searching, but
no 'optimal' sequence alignment stuff.  Help, please!

Neil Clarke
neil.clarke at qmail.bs.jhu.edu