Pedrigree drawing software for Mac

Heikki LehvŠslaiho Heikki.Lehvaslaiho at
Thu Jan 11 08:21:48 EST 1996

"Matthew P. Frosch, M.D., Ph.D." <frosch at> wrote:
>I am looking for software which will allow me to easily draw pedigrees
>for a mouse colony on a Mac.  I know trhat I can do it freehand with a
>variety of graphics package, but I am looking for a program which will
>layout the tree in a standard manner (using established symbols,
>labeling conventions, etc.).

The program you need is PedDraw:

 full name:Pedigree/Draw
 descriptions: pedigree drawing
 Authors: B. Dyke, Paul Mamelka, J. MacCleur, Southwest
           Foundation for Biomedical Research
 web: (see also pedigree drawing on Mac and PCs Web page)
 source code language:
 operating systems: MAC
 reference: Am Soc Hum Genet annual meeting 1987 (Dyke,
            Mamelka, Am J. Hum Genet, suppl 41, A253 (1987))
 price: $45 ($10 for upgrade)

Contact Paul Mamelka paul at

This information is from
         An Alphabetic List of Linkage Analysis Software

     _/  _/  _/  Heikki Lehvaslaiho  <Heikki.Lehvaslaiho at CSC.FI>
    _/_/_/_/_/  CSC Scientific Computing
   _/  _/  _/  Tietotie 6, P.O. Box 405, FIN-02101 Espoo FINLAND
  _/  _/  _/  Phone: +358 0 457 2076       FAX: +358 0 457 2302
    _/       The Finnish EMBnet node <>