genomic DNA databases

C. Thomas White whitec at cs.unc.edu
Wed Jan 17 15:22:24 EST 1996

In article <4d3d9a$b2p at service2.uky.edu>, Michael Thompson <mthom0 at pop.uky.edu> writes:
|> Does anyone know of any WWW sites which allow searches of any of
|> the genomic DNA databases?  The only ones I have seen so far allow
|> searches only by gene name or accession number, and I am looking for a
|> database which I can search with a portion of a cDNA to see if the
|> genomic fragment from which it originated from has been sequenced and
|> submitted.
|>
|> Michael Thompson
|> University of Kentucky

The BioSCAN system uses an array of special-purpose processors to search a
database of biomolecular sequences similar to a specified query sequence.
Results are reported in a format similar to BLAST. The following WWW page
provides a window to enter any desired nucleic acid query sequence.

	http://genome.cs.unc.edu/nucl-match.html

Tom White