FASTA two-stranded search version????

Stephen Baird sbaird at mgcheo.med.uottawa.ca
Mon Jan 22 10:48:24 EST 1996

Does anyone have a modified version of FASTA which searches both strands
of DNA simultaneously in a search like the GCG version that is available
for free? Our version of GCG (ver 7.2) can no longer handle the large EST
divisions and I would like to have the ability to search the databases
locally.  I have check Dr. Pearsons latest version and it does not yet do
this.  I am opened to any other suggestions.

Thanks,

| Stephen Baird                        sbaird at mgcheo.med.uottawa.ca  |
| Molecular Genetics                       tel: 613-738-3925         |
| Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario   fax: 613-738-4833         |
| 401 Smyth Rd.                                                      |
| Ottawa, Ontario                                                    |
| Canada                                                             |
| K1H 8L1                                                            |