Greenhouse Datalogging Advice Sought

Bruce M. Marshall bmm1 at freenet3.scri.fsu.edu
Tue Jan 23 18:44:46 EST 1996

Ed:

Greenhouses and plants are a hobby of mine but for a living (yes one
must make a living) I design, program and integrate computer systems
that control and monitor manufacturing facilities.

My suggestion is that you use a programmable controller (Allen-Bradley
is my recommendation) to read your thermocouples run your pumps, fans,
lights etc. These units are industrial tough and expandable. I would
use an operator interface software package (recommend Intellutions
DMACS package) to run on your existing 486. You can store years of
data if you wish, draw a graphic of your process with real time data,
alarms, and MUCH more than I will go into here. Historical graphics
are built into the package. Data loging and alarming runs in the
background under Windows allowing you to use your computer for other
things at the same time.

Anyway, I didn't log on here to try and sell my services (I am an
independant consultant though) so e-mail me if you want more info. (or
you could even call me!!)

Bruce.
--
Bruce M. Marshall  bmm1 at freenet.fsu.edu  voice 423 481 0990  fax 423 481 8039