Which platform?

Joe Felsenstein joe at evolution.genetics.washington.edu
Tue Jul 2 08:21:54 EST 1996

In article <Andy.Law-0207960924220001 at pc0734.ri.bbsrc.ac.uk>,
Andy Law <Andy.Law at bbsrc.ac.uk> wrote:
>This is shaping up for a traditional my-machine-is-better-than-yours
>religous war. Since I think we can assume that we are (mostly) intelligent
>adults here, can we nip this in the bud right now, or take it off to one
>of the advocacy groups where it can die its prolonged and unpleasant death
>unnoticed by those who don't really care?

You don't understand.  These folks are convinced that if they can just make one
more comment, the other side will give in, grovel, change over from
advocating operating system X to agreeing that those who advocated operating
system Y were right all along.  It's a form of addiction.

--
Joe Felsenstein         joe at genetics.washington.edu     (IP No. 128.95.12.41)