Which platform?

Ashok Aiyar aiyar at ebv.oncology.wisc.edu
Wed Jul 3 10:53:21 EST 1996

On 3 Jul 1996 14:15:15 GMT, Greg <jquinn at nntp.best.com> wrote:

>MacOS does not handle virtual memory,

Surely this is something you *believe* and not something you *know*.
I *know* that every version of MacOS that I have used from 7.1 up
has supported virtual memory, without adding any external products.

>without the use of a third party product (RAM DOUBLER),

And .... RamDoubler does not create or use virtual memory in the
usual sense of the term.

I don't particularly care for any of Apple's or Microsoft's operating
systems; this thread however is not served by any of us relaying
incorrect information.

Ashok
Ashok Aiyar, Ph.D.                    aiyar at ebv.oncology.wisc.edu
Department of Oncology            University of Wisconsin-Madison

"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for
reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."    -- Albert Einstein