Directory of Molbiol/Biochem software for the Mac?

Mike Mitchell m.mitchell at icrf.icnet.uk
Fri Jul 5 04:29:02 EST 1996

In article <mbxfd-040796133633 at wpbfd.biochem.nottingham.ac.uk>,
mbxfd at unix.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk (Fergus Doherty) wrote:

> I have volunteered to compile a directory of biochemistry/molecular biology
> software available for the Mac.  Commercial and PD.   This is for Apple in
> the UK, and for an academic Mac managers group (Mac Supporters), but I aim
> to make it available on the WWW.  This is a daunting task.  Does anyone
> know if there is an up to date directory of this kind already available, so
> mabe I don't have to bother?
>
> Would you help me?  I would like info on all sorts of Mac software relevant
> to these disciplines (sequence analysis, molecular modelling, enzyme
> kinetics, CAL, data aquisition etc.)  If you can supply info on software
> *especially if you use it* and can provide some views on its usefulness
> (ie. a review), e-mail me at the address below.

There are several good archives of good PD Mac biological applications.

ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/software/mac

ftp://ftp.bio.indiana.edu/biology/mac
ftp://ftp.bio.indiana.edu/chemistry/mac
ftp://ftp.bio.indiana.edu/molbio/mac
ftp://ftp.bio.indiana.edu/science/mac

--
Michael Mitchell                    "Smoke me a kipper,
User Support                    I'll be back for breakfast."