DBWatcher bug fix

Frederic PLEWNIAK plewniak at igbmc.u-strasbg.fr
Wed Jul 10 07:21:29 EST 1996

Hello,

DBWatcher 1.00 had problems parsing properly some sequence description
formats in BLAST output, those without any database specification for
instance, or even short descriptions. So I guess it did not work
properly at some sites (if it worked at all ;o).
Thanks to Alessandro Guffanti's remarks and suggestions, these bugs have
now been fixed and DBWatcher is a little bit less "down the hallway"(*).
Furthermore, as some sites have aliased the "mail" command to various
mail programmes it seemed more sensible then to use "sendmail" instead.

Finally, for those willing to use SetDBWatcher, this program has been
slightly modified to work smoothly with version 5.0 of the NCBI Toolkit.

I you have appreciated DBWatcher or think you might I can only encourage
you to download this new version from :

       ftp://ftp-igbmc.u-strasbg.fr/pub/DBWatcher/dbwatcher.tar.Z

All the best,
Fred

Fr\151d\151ric PLEWNIAK
Bioinformatics
I.G.B.M.C.
Strasbourg - France

(*)Thanks James, I like this expression ;o).