Enzyme teaching software?

T. Chyau Liang tliang at utmmg.med.uth.tmc.edu
Wed Jul 10 07:28:50 EST 1996

       Try the Prolysis server
> http://prolysis.phys.univ-tours.fr/Prolysis
>
>         It contains lot informations on proteases and a link to the MAGE
> software, that could be what you look for. If I had to do a course on
> proteins, I think I will use MAGE and kin files.

Kinemage is a good program for teaching. But, I like RasMol better. In
particular, in combiantion with "ChemScape Chime". Also take a look at
Linus!Lite, it can produce "ray trace" images very efficiently and the
resultant images can be manipulated (rotation). You can also generate
movies with Linus!Lite with little effort. Unfortunately, Linus!Lite is
not available for Wintel.

RasMol: http://www.umass.edu/microbio/rasmol/getras.htm

Chemscape:  http://www.mdli.com/mdlhome.html

Linus!Lite: http://www.blc.arizona.edu/linus/linus.html