DBWatcher and GCG BLAST...

Frederic PLEWNIAK plewniak at igbmc.u-strasbg.fr
Mon Jul 15 02:20:19 EST 1996

Hi Greg,

You asked :

> Does anyone know if there is a way to use the DBWatcher program with the
> GCG *online* BLAST. The program seems to require a local db, filters etc,
> and we simply (I think like many other institutions) don't have the space
> to keep an updated set of databases locally.

I know that many institutions cannot afford to keep an updated local set of
databases. The current version of DBWatcher does require local databases indeed
but this is only a first step and I hope to be able to release a client version
soon (I do hope!). It should be able then to run remote BLAST searches as well...
Keep an eye on the News...

Cheers,

Fred

Frédéric PLEWNIAK