Marked alignments... how?

Francois Jeanmougin pingouin at .u-strasbg.fr
Tue Jul 16 10:16:10 EST 1996

In article <4sgdnc$4cb at hp.fciencias.unam.mx>,
	adriank at servidor.unam.mx (Adrian Kornhauser) writes:
>Hi! I'm new at this, so I hope it works
>
>I have seen in some articles, multiple sequence alignements that have
>a simbol like "*,."  in the positions where the amino acids are
>conserved or where all subtitutions are of aminoacids with the same

	This is the output format from clustalw, the greater and best
multiple alignment programm (ok...IMHO).
	find it at : ftp.ebi.ac.uk

					Francois.

PS: their is an online help on clustalw, and the way to make it work
properly with gcg sequences at our site :

http://titus.u-strasbg.fr/Computer/Top.html

I have also rewritten tofasta to make it read the Begin: and End: from
a GCG list. If you need that also, let me know...
tofasta or topir are necessary to make clustalw run with GCG.

--
Francois Jeanmougin
Service de bioinformatique / bioinformatics service
e-mail : jeanmougin at igbmc.u-strasbg.fr

Nagasaky ne profite jamais (STTELLLA)