New version of 'block' : linkage analysis

Claus S. Jensen claus at iesd.auc.dk
Wed Jul 17 15:21:56 EST 1996

Version 0.1.1 of 'block' (pedigree and linkage analysis in large
complex pedigrees) is now out.

In this version, a few bugs have been fixed, most important was
one that caused the 'theta' program (for handling output from
'block') to give wrong results.  So, if you are using the 'theta'
program at all, you should get the new distribution.  I expect
executables to be available for the IBM AIX RS/6000 architecture
soon.

The program 'block' implements a method called blocking Gibbs
sampling.  The method is based on the Markov chain Monte
Carlo method, Gibbs sampling, but combines this stochastic
method with exact local computations to get a method that
can successfully handle very large and complex (e.g., inbred)
pedigrees (thousands of individuals).  The method allows the
user to test the presence of linkage between two genes.

As this is the first public version of the program, there
is bound to be errors and other kinds of problems.  All these
should of course be reported to me.

For more information, contact me, or download the program
>From :

  ftp.iesd.auc.dk/pub/packages/block/

The program is available for the architectures : Linux ELF and
a.out, Sparc Solaris and SunOS, FreeBSD, IRIX 64, and MS-DOS.

There is also a hopepage associated with the program at

  http://www.iesd.auc.dk/~claus/block.html

Greetings,

Claus Skaanning Jensen

--
    Claus Skaanning Jensen, Ph.D.-student at Aalborg University, Denmark
           claus at iesd.auc.dk, http://www.iesd.auc.dk/~claus