Need help

Michael Morales mmorales at acpub.duke.edu
Fri Jul 19 11:17:23 EST 1996

POIRIE (POIRIE at univ-tours.fr) wrote:
: Hi netters ! I would like to scan text documents (like DNA sequences) and
: transfer them on a Word programm. Do you know if this is possible with
: Adobe Photoshop under a Mac environnment ?If not, what software would be
: needed ? Thanks for your help !

I've tried using OCR software for this purpose, and wasn't too satisfied.  If
you have a decent hard copy, the read ends up about 98-99% accurate, which is
almost useless.  In the end, it ended up being much faster to type DNA
sequences manually.  Plus, almost all sequences are available somewhere in
computer-readable format.

Mike Morales