PCR Sequence Program

Eitan Rubin bcrubin at dapsas1.weizmann.ac.il
Mon Jul 22 10:29:52 EST 1996

The problam of primer design is not yat biologically/chemically resolved.
The amount of work done on the factors effecting the quality of primers is
suprisingly low. As a result, there are lots of thumb rules, which are
reflected in lots of programs. They mostly differ in the interace, and in
the relative imporance they give each measure. Some commercial or more
serious sharewares look for unique properties. My experiance is that
whatever primer pair you choose, you never get all the programs to agree
its a good pair (I'm working with GCG's prime, Rychlick's Oligo 4.0, and
Amplify).

  Confused? So am I.

    Eitan Rubin.

--
Eitan Rubin, Plant Genetics, Weizmann Inst. of Science
Phone: (972)-8-9342421
Email: bcrubin at dapsas1.weizmann.ac.il

In article <4sha98$fn0 at ns2.umkc.edu>, DROSENTHAL at axp2.umkc.edu