Prog that finds all possible synonymous mutations.

mathog at seqaxp.bio.caltech.edu mathog at seqaxp.bio.caltech.edu
Wed Jul 31 10:14:11 EST 1996

In article <4tmb3a$d7e at nntp3.u.washington.edu>, gregs at u.washington.edu (Greg Schaefer) writes:
>Hello,
>I'm trying to do some domain swapping with several proteins that have
>unfortunate restriction sites.  I wonder if anyone knows a program that
>can show all the places where synonomous mutations are possible, so I can
>PCR in new sites to stick the

(In future, please break up the lines in your posts - as you can see above,
they can get truncated otherwise)

Try the GCG program MAP with the "silent" command line qualifier.  Be sure
that "begin" is the first base in the frame you wish to conserve.  That
will show you which enzymes can be engineered in without changing the
amino acid sequence produced.

Regards,

David Mathog
mathog at seqaxp.bio.caltech.edu