Software on Mac

Jerry Learn learn at
Thu Jun 6 20:54:24 EST 1996

In article <4p6vnh$h8f at>, ptaylor at (Dr. P.L.
Taylor) wrote:

> >> Try MacVector.  That's the best and easy-to-use sequence analysis
> >> software on Mac OS, as far as I know.  Price is quite expensive; more
> >> than $2000.  It's from Eastman Kodak,
> >
> >I called Oxford Molecular, who have taken MacVector over from Eastman
> >Kodak, a few days ago. While the software works well for most things (hate
> >the sequence alignments it gives) the price is $2450 US for the basic
> >license. I also asked about upgrading our 4 user personal copies to a 4
> >user network version - the price for getting almost equivalent usage but
> >without having to unplug the EVE key each time you want to go to a
> >different computer over $5000 US !!!! I hate to think what the price of
> >the Network version would be from scratch.
> At the risk of being accused of advertising on this group, may I suggest
> that you take a look at my program GeneJockeyII, which offers similar
                          How could I even think of making such an accustaion?

> functionality to MacVector et al, but costs $1000 and is not copy-
> protected.  Call BioSoft on (314) 524 8029 (USA) or 01223 68622 (UK)
> for a demo.
> Phil Taylor
> mbplt at

Jerry Learn

Research Associate

Dept. of Microbiology             | Learn at
University of Washington          | Phone: (206) 616-4286
Box 357740                        |
Seattle, WA  98195-7740  USA      |   FAX: (206) 616-1575