Restriction digests

Przemko przemko at sgi.celgen.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri Jun 14 01:27:31 EST 1996

Hi!
A perennial question (one that will get probably a perrenial answer, but
anyway...)
I have a PC with WIN95 and an Indigo. I DO NOT HAVE A MAC! Now, the
question is following:
I would like to find a program that will take my data from simple and
complex restriction digests and assemble it into a restriction map. It
will then display it/print it.
What I am aware of is a part of the IG Suite program that would do that
(rather sophisticated- it would give you more that one map with a
probability score etc). Alas, this program is currently unavailable to
me.
Another one is a DoubleDigester. The problem there is that it will take
singel and double digests but, as far as I can tell from the manual (I
will try this program today) it will not take triple digests, nor
sequential doubles (A/B, B/C, C/D, D/E, E/A) that allow you to make a
rather fancy map.

So, is there anything like that? Free-, share- payware? In the case of a
payware, a REASONABLE demo (e.g. FULLY functional but with an expiration
date) would be appreciated.

If I get more that one answer, I promise to summarize it.

Przemko