Which platform?

R. Scott Jokerst scott_jokerst at data-transport.com
Fri Jun 14 23:53:51 EST 1996

Martin,

I too have a 7500/100 Power Mac, which was extremely disapointing with
regard to Internet Access and several other issues (printing, crashing,
etc.) until I adopted a commonly used jury-rig involving the substitution
of MacTCP in lieu of Open Transport, and several patches.

System 7.5.3 update 2.0 was a good migration for me, however, and I am now
happily using OT, etc.

If you are still having problems, I will be happy to let you know how I am
configured, etc.  I found no need to revert back to 7.5.2

Scott
*************

At 11:21 AM 6/14/96, Martin Pion wrote:
>Hi Achim,
>
>I can understand your feeling. I had a frustrating 2 months with our new
>7500/100 PCI-based Power Mac earlier this year, especially wrt Internet
>access. Seems to have been sorted out now, although not by going to System
>7.5.3 version 2.0, which simply put me back in the hole. I've reverted to
>7.5.2 and the previous setup which I eventually got working satisfactorily,
>with much help from a friend.

[snip]

 R. Scott Jokerst (510-648-8229)   scott_jokerst at data-transport.com
 Biological Data Transport         http://www.data-transport.com
 Bringing FOCUS to life sciences informatics, product, & services resources