formatting a sequence translation...

Francis Durst francis.durst at
Thu Jun 27 12:50:08 EST 1996

In article <garrisonp.1186156443A at> garrisonp at (Preston Garrison) writes:
>From: garrisonp at (Preston Garrison)
>Subject: Re: formatting a sequence translation...
>Date: Wed, 26 Jun 96 06:00:03 GMT

>In Article <4qpu6r$c6u at>, jquinn at (Greg) wrote:
>>Does anyone know of a shareware program that will let you translate a
>>nucleotide sequence and have full control over the output (eg. line
>>length, how the lines are numbered etc.
>>Any help much welcome.
>>Thanks in advance!

>DNAdraw for Mac will do it I think, although I haven't used that function
>myself. Available at

For the PC, my favorite is Esee (the eyeball seq editor!)  by Eric Cabot that
you may get for free at in /pub/esee. It lets you define line
lenght, interval, numbering, and export to a file that you may rework with
Word or the like, as well.

There are several brands esee109, esee200, xesee... you have to try to find
the one that suit's you best (for me : esee3).

Dr. Francis Durst CNRS / Universite Louis Pasteur
Dept Cell. Mol. Enzymology
Plant Mol. Biol. Inst.
F-67083 Strasbourg, France